Ooooh…very exciting to receive a mystery package in the post when you are not expecting it, well really I should have been expecting it as I’d signed up to receive one but when you lead a busy life and you don’t have age on your side then some things easily ship the mind!
Meet Infallible 2-step, the first long-lasting, 2 step nail polish from L’Oréal Paris that lasts up to 12 days. Gives a high shine, inspired by a salon gel manicure.
Now it’s time to try it out and review! 🙂
Pause while I try it out, take some pics then wait a couple of days before writing the review – after all I need to see how it fares!
And the review is in…
Lovely flawless, glassy finish and great colour!
I’ve just been lucky to try out the new Infallible nail polish from L’Oreal – they believe in their product so much they sent it me for free in the hope I will review it. Luckily their faith in the nail polish was not misplaced.
Firstly, I need to explain that I am by no means a connoisseur of nail polish and I rarely wear it on my finger nails. I generally wear it on my toenails as whenever I’ve had a manicure or applied polish myself to my finger nails it usually chips in the first hour. I recently had a shellac manicure that are almost guaranteed for 3 weeks – mine lasted just short of a week and left my finger nails in a sorry state and very dry – apparently you’re not supposed to peel it off as it wreaks your nails (I can now see what they mean but hindsight is a beautiful thing!). Anyway what I am trying to get across is I am applying this new polish to wreaked fingernails so perhaps I’m not the best model and I just feel it’s important to explain this as I don’t have bog standard normal nails thus take my comments on lastability with a pinch of salt as it won’t be down to this particular product but down to my nails aversion to polish and the sorry state my nails are in after my recent shellac!
Right now I’ve explained that I can now get on to review this polish and to save you the trauma of having to read through my ramble I will be kind and try and be succinct and bullet point the plus’s and negatives:
- It goes on so lovely and smoothly with great coverage. With one coat the colour is a bit brighter and more of a red colour but with the 2nd coat the coverage give a fabulous solid deep burgundy colour and it looks so smooth, flawless and shiny like glass.
- It’s pretty quick to dry which is good for me as I don’t have a lot of patience.
- I liked the fact the two bottles can be pulled out so they are easier to use and apply (bit hard to explain what I mean here)
- Loved loved loved the colour!
(I’m obviously not the best in the world at applying nail varnish!)
- I just received the nail polish system with no outer packaging thus no instructions however I guess most people know how to use nail polish. I applied two coats of the polish and then one of the top coat but maybe I was supposed to do more than one of the top coat? And how long was I supposed to wait in between coats?
- OK so the polish lasted a bit longer than other polishes on my hands but by the next day it had all gone but once I got a chip in it I then set about peeling it off so maybe if I didn’t pick at it it would last longer! On the plus side it was easier to peel off than other polishes – as I say take this with a pinch of salt as this happens with any varnish I use and the shellac only lasted a week. My toenails however do not have this problem and the colour is still going strong on them with no chips at all and it’s been several days and I’d expect it will last until it grows out. (Update: it’s now been on for a couple of weeks with no chips and still beautiful and shiny :)). I would take a picture to show you but I wouldn’t want to put anyone off by my trotters!
On the whole I really liked this product and recommend it. I really love the colour but also the flawless, glass like finish it gives off and it applied so easily, while the lastability on my fingernails could be seen as a let down for me it would be the perfect polish to use for a night out as it came off nicely (again I stress I’m sure it would last the normal length of time on normal nails as it’s great on my toenails!). I would definitely recommend this product!